The Senior Verger will work collaboratively in the Operations Team to play a vital part in ensuring the highest standards of delivery to the Cathedral as a house of worship, learning, the arts, and hospitality. This role will deliver all practical aspects of the department’s expanding portfolio of key operational outputs, including preparation and running of all events/services, welcome duties, duty management, health & safety, liaison, and logistics.
The ideal candidate will have a ‘hands on’ working, a ‘can do’ attitude, superb attention to detail, consistent accuracy of delivery, a keen eye for presenting the building to the highest standards, and an appreciation for the wide-ranging and flexible nature of the role.
Salary: £22,681 plus £8,640 per annum housing allowance
To apply for this position please complete provide the documentation listed below. Application documents should include:
- A letter of application addressed to the Operations Manager stating your interest in the role, and explaining how you meet the criteria in the Person Specification, set out above, using examples of your skills and experience; and
- A CV, including the names and contact details of three referees. References will be taken up only for the successful candidate.
- The Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Joseph Denby, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12noon, Monday 20 November 2023
Interviews are planned to be held on either 30 November or 1 December 2023.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and highly organised individual to join the Cathedral as we prepare for our Centenary celebrations in 2026. The postholder will have a vital role in ensuring that all visitors to this iconic building are welcomed and engaged, and that services and other events run smoothly. Practical, proactive and with a positive outlook, the Head Virger will be an integral part of a dynamic cathedral team.
At present, this post comes with rent-free accommodation for the proper performance of your duty at Cathedral Close. This situation is subject to regular review and has the potential to change in the future.
To apply for this post, please submit the following:
- A completed application form;
- A cover letter which addresses the appointment criteria described in the person specification, explaining how your skills and experience to match the requirements of the role.
Completed applications should be sent to: Pauline.Rowe@blackburncathedral.co.uk
Closing Date: 12noon, Friday 24 November 2023
Interviews are planned to be held on Wednesday 13 December 2023.
Posting a Job Vacancy
If you have a job advert that you wish be displayed on this website please contact the Media Officer. We make no set charge for posting job adverts, but we do ask for a donation towards Guild funds, the Media Officer (CEGVMedia@gmail.com) can provide more information upon request. When sending the job advert details we need the details in the following order:
1. Picture or Logo
2. Job Location + Name of Church/Parish
3. Job Title
4. Salary and Bonus Details + Hours
5. Job Description + Other Requirements e.g. DBS Check
6. Closing Date + Interview Date
7. Contact Details
You can include a picture but the picture will be scaled down (this scaling will differ from around 60px x 100px to around 230px x 60px depending on image shape) images can only be in the following formats: .jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png.
Any Documents and application forms need to be in one of the following formats:
- Microsoft Word .doc/.docx
- Apple Pages .pages
- adobe .pdf
- Text .txt
Publisher documents (.pub) aren’t allowed on the website due to security concerns but will be translated into adobe PDF format in read/print format.