Liverpool Cathedral are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Verger (Full-Time – Permanent)
Working in a supervisory role of the Verger & Cleaning department under the direction of the Head Verger in the largest Cathedral in the UK (and 5th largest in the World) you will be part of a busy team facilitating the requirements of all aspects of Cathedral life for both liturgical services and secular events throughout the year and keeping the Cathedral and its grounds clean, tidy and presentable for the many worshippers and visitors we welcome each year.
The person we are looking for will:
• Have previous experience as a Verger or Deputy Head within the Church of England.
• Have supervisory or managerial experience.
• Be a motivator with excellent planning, organisational & communication skills.
• Have a good standard of general education.
• Be able to handle a diverse range of tasks.
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to lead from the front.
• Be a committed team player who is respectful of colleagues and attentive to the wider needs of the organisation
• Be methodical & meticulous with an eye for detail & presentation.
• Be physically fit in order to meet the requirements of the role.
• Be able to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends and be flexible as required by changing business needs.
The position is for 42.5 hours per week consisting of five 8.5 hour shifts across a 7 day working week. Including a one hour paid lunch break during which time you would be “on call”.
Standard shift timings are:-
Monday to Saturday 7:30 – 16:00 or 10:00 – 18:30
Sunday 08:00 – 16:30 or 9:00 – 17:30
Maximum flexibility will be required with shift timings and also a willingness to cover any required additional hours.
Salary is circa £22,000p.a. gross. Benefits include a Defined Contributions Pension Scheme, free on-site parking and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays increasing to 27 days after 5 full years of employment.
How to apply:
You will need to complete the application form after reviewing the person specification and the job description and send this to:
Jeanette Owens – HR Advisor, Liverpool Cathedral, St James’ House, 20 St James’ Road, Liverpool L1 7BJ
Closing date for applications is Friday 5th October 2018.
Interviews will take place during week commencing Monday 15th October 2018.
This role will be subject to a full DBS check.
The post holder must be in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the Church of England.
The recruitment is being managed by Liverpool Cathedral and we would therefore ask agencies to refrain from contacting us.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW FOR THE JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Posting a Job Vacancy
If you have a job advert that you wish be displayed on this website please contact the Communications Officer. We make no set charge for posting job adverts, but we do ask for a donation towards Guild funds, the Communications Officer can provide more information upon request. When sending the job advert details we need the details in the following order:
1. Picture or Logo
2. Job Location + Name of Church/Parish
3. Job Title
4. Salary and Bonus Details + Hours
5. Job Description + Other Requirements e.g. DBS Check
6. Closing Date + Interview Date
7. Contact Details
You can include a picture but the picture will be scaled down (this scaling will differ from around 60px x 100px to around 230px x 60px depending on image shape) images can only be in the following formats: .jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png.
Any Documents and application forms need to be in one of the following formats:
- adobe .pdf
- Text .txt
- Microsoft .doc/.docx
- Excel Spreadsheet .xls
Publisher documents (.pub) aren’t allowed on the website due to security concerns but will be translated into adobe PDF format in read/print format.